Wednesday, November 16, 2011

cute attack

I've been making some really cute stuff lately.  It all started with this dessert show I'm in with my pottery gals in December.  A dessert themed ceramic show!  Is there any person who does not want to check that out?  So, I thought about it a bit, because there was no way I was going to get lazy on this one.   I wanted to make something fabulous, something over-the-top and unique.  I was initially drawn to the parfait cup:


But, that wasn't totally doing it for me.
I needed something more.
Something even cuter, and more impractical.

I was quickly led to the pudding cup:

How effin' cute is that?  I ask you.
But even that still needed some enhancement.
Like this:


And that:

Some go medieval.  I go Marie Antoinette.
The cuteness got out of control.  
It was like trying to shoot a duck with an AK-47.  
The bullets went everywhere, and the cuteness spread.  I made this:


and then this:

This red cup I'm actually calling the "flared skirt cup." 
And don't ask me for that cup, but with a bird on it.
That, I will not do.

By the way, if you live anywhere near the Bay Area, please, come to the dessert show.  And what I mean by that is please come to the opening party.  The Fourth and Clay Gallery does openings right, with food, booze, music, and... well, dessert too this time!


6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:34 AM

    For me...your green glaze is always my favorite. And as for cute? Go for it. We're secure enough to be cute right?

    Love the parfait and the scalloped cups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Whitney. Your pieces are so great. They are sure to be a hit at the show. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, but I kind of do want the red cup with a bird on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow thats some serious cute going on there, the skirted cup now that has to be my favourite. So dainty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ceramics are very lovely and beautifully glazed. I particularly love the waves at the top. They're beautiful and well made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the pudding cups.

    ReplyDelete