Friday, April 25, 2008

dream

As a general rule, telling someone about the dream one had last night is interesting only to the dreamer, especially a dream that takes more than 10 seconds to tell and doesn't involve the listener. That being said, I had his dream last night that was so funny. I dreamed I was at a 4- day ceramic workshop. Since it was so short, people were cranking out work and firing it right away, and I was surrounded by awesome work. And what was I doing? Making cake stands for wholesale orders. I made dozens. And then they got lost in all the work other people were doing. I was wandering around, trying to find my cake stands, and no one knew where they were or could help me. I woke up, my face all twisted up like I was about to cry, and saw that it was 6:50 AM. I told my husband earlier this week that I was going to start working from 7-9 am on Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays before I went to the gym and use that time ONLY to make my own work, no wholesale or orders. So I popped out of bed, made my coffee, and ran to the studio.

5 comments:

  1. I hate dreaming about work. At least it woke you up in the nick of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your internal clock is working just fine! How refreshing it must've been to not have to make cake stands to fill and order after that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, I woke up like that this morning, but to go run. And then pack and ship pottery! I'd love to wake up and immediately work like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from Toronto,

    I found your shop and blog on Etsy. I love your designs! Beautiful things!

    Warm regards,

    Gabriela

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cake plate is so pretty I can imagine it stacked up with a whole lot of little vanilla cup cakes with white rosewater icing and silver cashews! The birds are charming, I love it.

    ReplyDelete